Skip to main content

Reading Notes: The Giant Crab. Rouse, Part A

In the notes below you will find my reading notes from part A of The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse.

The Giant Crab
A giant crab lived in a lake all by itself because it would attack and drown any animal that would come near the lake. The crab grew bigger and bigger due to all of the animals it would eat. A pair of elephants, husband and wife went to the lake to get some water. Right when they were about to leave the crab nipped the husband on his leg. The crab wanted a kiss from the wife. The wife flirted back with the crab hoping that he would let go of her husband and he did. The husband jumped on the crab's back and broke his shell. All of the other animals were so pleased that they made the elephants king and queen.

The Hypocritical Cat
A cat sat by a river where there were holes that rats would go in and out of. He never tried to eat the rats because most of them would have run away. So the cat would stand every morning on one leg with his mouth open. The rats would pass by his and question him. The cat said that he worshipped the sun. Soon enough the cat started eating the rats and the chief rat started to notice. The chief rat outsmarted that cat and lunged at the cat's throat and killed him.

The Goblin in the Pool
A goblin lived in a pool where animals would drink water out of. The goblin didn't have a nose, so it could not survive on land. But when animals would get in the water the goblin would eat the animals. There was a drought but luckily the pool that the goblin in was still full of water. Monkeys came across the pool. The monkeys one by one went to the pool to drink and got eaten by the goblin. A man came to the pool and used a reed as a straw. The monkeys used this invention and none of them died. The goblin however, did die.



(Illustration from the Goblin in the Pool)






Bibliography:
The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India by W. H. D. Rouse

Illustration by W. Robinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a PR Student

Hi, my name is Chelsea Journee and I am from The Woodlands, Texas. The Woodlands is about 30 minutes north of Houston, Texas. My family and I have lived in the same house my entire life so it was a big change for me when I decided to go to college in a different state. I am currently a first semester senior (by hours) at OU. I am studying public relations and my minor is general business. On campus I am pretty involved. I am in a social sorority, I am an account manager for Lindsey + Asp (OU's student-run PR and ad agency) and I am also the treasurer for PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America). (Personal Photo: My sorority family) (Personal Photo: PRSSA executive leadership outside of Gaylord Hall) I enjoy lounging around with my dogs while watching Netflix in my free-time. My dog's names are Jasper and Snickers. Jasper is a miniature dashchund that loves to lay in anyone's lap and we don't really know what Snickers is because we rescued her

Comment Wall

The link to my portfolio website can be found here ! Enjoy! ( GIPHY )

Week 4 Story: Sita and Rama as College Students

Sita and Rama were madly in love. But there was always one thing that got in the way, school. Every day Rama would talk to Sita about how much he wished he could spend every second with her. Sita agreed but sometimes she thought he was a little overbearing. Sita and Rama spent hours together every week, but considering that they were both college students they spent most of their time together studying. On the weekends they would occasionally go to dinner together or watch a movie. Sita was very involved in her schoolwork. She was in a lot of campus clubs and activities, while Rama tended to just hangout with his friends, especially his best friend Lakshmana. Sita didn't know why but she was still madly in love with Rama, despite their obvious differences in character and work ethic. Rama was doing so badly in school that the university even threatened to kick him out. Sita didn't understand why he was doing so badly even though the majority of the time they hung out toge