Skip to main content

Famous Last Words: So Close Yet So Far


This week I realized how fast the end of the semester is approaching. This semester has seen to fly by. I'm ok and prepared for the end of the semester in a couple of my classes such as Indian Epics because I am ahead but in some of my other classes I'm terrified because I still have so much left to do! So, yes, the end of the semester is so close yet so far away. 

Something that I thought I would share this week in my "Famous Last Words" is something that one of my professors has made me realize or rather connected the dots on something I think it really important. My PR research professor has stressed to my class all semester about how it's not about the grades that you get in a class it is about the process of getting those grades. At first I was like "yeah, yeah.... ok what ever." But now I really do believe it, it just took me a while. 

In the past I have had a hard time managing my stress levels, so this semester I decided I was going to have more fun and try not to be as strict with my homework and studying times. In stead I have been trying to give all of my attention to my classes while I am physically in them during lectures and it has really paid off. I'm getting better grades, I'm less stressed and I feel great because I'm not as stressed. 

It is kind of sad it took me this long into my college career to realize this, but college really is about the experience. It's about gaining new friends, learning how to mater multitasking and doing things outside of what you are normally comfortable with. 

P.S. This weekend I am getting a baby corgi. She is nine weeks old and absolutely adorable. 

(Personal Photo)

Comments

  1. Hi there!
    First of all, that dog is adorable and that is so exciting! Like you, I feel as though as I have so much left to do in some of my classes so it is a little stressful. Also like you, I am definitely trying to be the most efficient with my time because it's my last semester and I want to take it all in while I can! Keep it up and finish up the semester strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love getting to read people's famous last words. I feel like I can get a true insight into their lives rather than just read the way they write a story. Just like you and Natalie, I feel like there is not enough time in the day to do anything! I hope that I can find time as these last few weeks approach to enjoy things aside from school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a PR Student

Hi, my name is Chelsea Journee and I am from The Woodlands, Texas. The Woodlands is about 30 minutes north of Houston, Texas. My family and I have lived in the same house my entire life so it was a big change for me when I decided to go to college in a different state. I am currently a first semester senior (by hours) at OU. I am studying public relations and my minor is general business. On campus I am pretty involved. I am in a social sorority, I am an account manager for Lindsey + Asp (OU's student-run PR and ad agency) and I am also the treasurer for PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America). (Personal Photo: My sorority family) (Personal Photo: PRSSA executive leadership outside of Gaylord Hall) I enjoy lounging around with my dogs while watching Netflix in my free-time. My dog's names are Jasper and Snickers. Jasper is a miniature dashchund that loves to lay in anyone's lap and we don't really know what Snickers is because we rescued her

Comment Wall

The link to my portfolio website can be found here ! Enjoy! ( GIPHY )

Week 4 Story: Sita and Rama as College Students

Sita and Rama were madly in love. But there was always one thing that got in the way, school. Every day Rama would talk to Sita about how much he wished he could spend every second with her. Sita agreed but sometimes she thought he was a little overbearing. Sita and Rama spent hours together every week, but considering that they were both college students they spent most of their time together studying. On the weekends they would occasionally go to dinner together or watch a movie. Sita was very involved in her schoolwork. She was in a lot of campus clubs and activities, while Rama tended to just hangout with his friends, especially his best friend Lakshmana. Sita didn't know why but she was still madly in love with Rama, despite their obvious differences in character and work ethic. Rama was doing so badly in school that the university even threatened to kick him out. Sita didn't understand why he was doing so badly even though the majority of the time they hung out toge