Skip to main content

Famous Last Words: My Last Post


This is my last official post for Indian Epics! I have really enjoyed my time in this class this semester and I have recommended many of my friends to take it in future semesters. Indian Epics was a great break from some of my other classes. It has been a very low stress class for me I think because I decided to start the week before classes officially started so I have been a week ahead all semester. 

If I were to recommend something to anyone who takes this class in the future I would say "DO THE EXTRA CREDIT!" The extra credit is not only fun, but it is a nice way to reflect on the class and just life in general. 

Out of all of the stories I have read throughout the semester I loved the Jataka tales the most. The Jataka tales are something that I will definitely carry away from this class. I loved reading them and how each story had a specific lesson assigned to them. I also liked how there were so many Jataka tales about turtles!

I was excited to take this class because I love writing creatively, but I don’t ever have enough time with all of the other writing I have to do for all of my other classes. I definitely was not disappointed! I think Laura has done a great job with organizing this class and making all of the instructions as clear as possible.

P.S. This past weekend I got my corgi puppy and I named her Ruby. She is sweet and sassy kind of like a Sour Patch Kid. Luckily, she sleeps all through the night which I am very thankful for! She likes to play with my roommate's English bull dog who is very tolerant of her biting and high-pitched barking. 

(Person Picture of Ruby) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a PR Student

Hi, my name is Chelsea Journee and I am from The Woodlands, Texas. The Woodlands is about 30 minutes north of Houston, Texas. My family and I have lived in the same house my entire life so it was a big change for me when I decided to go to college in a different state. I am currently a first semester senior (by hours) at OU. I am studying public relations and my minor is general business. On campus I am pretty involved. I am in a social sorority, I am an account manager for Lindsey + Asp (OU's student-run PR and ad agency) and I am also the treasurer for PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America). (Personal Photo: My sorority family) (Personal Photo: PRSSA executive leadership outside of Gaylord Hall) I enjoy lounging around with my dogs while watching Netflix in my free-time. My dog's names are Jasper and Snickers. Jasper is a miniature dashchund that loves to lay in anyone's lap and we don't really know what Snickers is because we rescued her

Comment Wall

The link to my portfolio website can be found here ! Enjoy! ( GIPHY )

Week 4 Story: Sita and Rama as College Students

Sita and Rama were madly in love. But there was always one thing that got in the way, school. Every day Rama would talk to Sita about how much he wished he could spend every second with her. Sita agreed but sometimes she thought he was a little overbearing. Sita and Rama spent hours together every week, but considering that they were both college students they spent most of their time together studying. On the weekends they would occasionally go to dinner together or watch a movie. Sita was very involved in her schoolwork. She was in a lot of campus clubs and activities, while Rama tended to just hangout with his friends, especially his best friend Lakshmana. Sita didn't know why but she was still madly in love with Rama, despite their obvious differences in character and work ethic. Rama was doing so badly in school that the university even threatened to kick him out. Sita didn't understand why he was doing so badly even though the majority of the time they hung out toge