Skip to main content

Week 4 Story: Sita and Rama as College Students

Sita and Rama were madly in love. But there was always one thing that got in the way, school. Every day Rama would talk to Sita about how much he wished he could spend every second with her. Sita agreed but sometimes she thought he was a little overbearing.

Sita and Rama spent hours together every week, but considering that they were both college students they spent most of their time together studying. On the weekends they would occasionally go to dinner together or watch a movie.

Sita was very involved in her schoolwork. She was in a lot of campus clubs and activities, while Rama tended to just hangout with his friends, especially his best friend Lakshmana. Sita didn't know why but she was still madly in love with Rama, despite their obvious differences in character and work ethic.

Rama was doing so badly in school that the university even threatened to kick him out. Sita didn't understand why he was doing so badly even though the majority of the time they hung out together they would be studying.

Finally, Sita decided to peek her head around Rama's computer while they were studying and she saw that he wasn't actually studying he was watching videos on how to box. The whole time that they have been together he had never been studying but actually goofing off.


When Sita was in class Rama would be in the recreation center learning how to box and fight. Sita had finally had enough and decided to fully immerse herself in her classes and homework. Sita studied non-stop and formed study groups with new friends from her classes. School separated Rama and Sita.

One day Sita met Ravana who tried to convince her that she needed to breakup with Rama. But for some reason Sita wouldn't do it. Every day Ravana would talk to her about how he wasn't the person for her but she refused to accept that.

Jatayu, one of Rama's friends saw Sita and Ravana talking and rushed back to tell Rama and Lakshmana who had been training for boxing. Rama became so angry that he went straight to where Jatayu said Sita was talking with Ravana and punched Ravana right in the face. 

Sita tried to explain to Rama that she wasn't cheating on him with Ravana but Rama wouldn't believe it.

And that is how Rama and Sita finally broke up.




Author's Note: This story is based off of a series of events that happen in the story of Ramayana. Rama and Sita who were husband and wife and Lakshmana, Rama's brother left their home because Rama was exiled. Sita was stolen by Ravana to make Rama upset. Rama trained to fight Ravana and kill him. Jatayu, helped Rama along the way to make sure he was heading in the right direction to find Sita. After fighting and defeating Ravana, Rama found Sita and thought that Sita had not been faithful to him.



Comments

  1. Hi again, Chelsea!
    To start out, I love that you put the stories we are reading and their characters into our shoes. I think that is brilliant and never even crossed my mind! I love hoe the whole time she thought he was studying hard, but really he was just watching videos. I also really like how you changed the vulture to an actual person over-hearing Sita's conversation with Ravana.
    This was a great story and I can't wait to read others you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Chelsea. This was definitely one of the most creative and unique stories that I have read. I liked that you set Site and Rama in a college setting. I thought you did a good job at telling an original story, with its own characters and events while still keeping the essence of the original story. Overall it was a really good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your writing Rama and Sita as college students. It is definitely a very creative approach. It was well written to take the writing in the original story and modernizing it a bit. I can definitely see someone like Rama in a relationship during a study session just goofing off and watching YouTube or something. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chelsea! I really enjoyed how you placed Rama and Sita in a college setting. For me it was very relatable on how much work the two had to do for their classes, it seems like there is so little free time this semester! The Rama in this story was definitely overbearing and needed to learn how to let Sita be herself. Good on her for breaking up with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Baylee! This story was interesting to read. You made it relatable to college students. I like how you made Rama a bad boy and all the characters college students. It sucks that they broke up though. Some dialogue would be good in this story so we get an idea about what Jatayu exactly said to Rama that made him think she was cheating. Maybe even have Sita respond to his accusations? I'm wondering who broke it off. Was it Rama or Sita? Sita wasn't happy with some of Rama's decision and since she thought he was overbearing maybe she got tired of it? Or did Rama break up with her because he thinks she cheated on him? Some details about this would be great! I look forward to reading another one of your stories and hope you continue this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again Chelsea! I thought it was pretty interesting to update the story and put the characters in the modern day and on a college campus. The irony is that this story has probably played out on a real college campus (maybe even ours) between an odd love triangle. I definitely can relate to watching videos on my laptop while I was supposed to be studying. I have really fine tuned my procrastinating in college!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a PR Student

Hi, my name is Chelsea Journee and I am from The Woodlands, Texas. The Woodlands is about 30 minutes north of Houston, Texas. My family and I have lived in the same house my entire life so it was a big change for me when I decided to go to college in a different state. I am currently a first semester senior (by hours) at OU. I am studying public relations and my minor is general business. On campus I am pretty involved. I am in a social sorority, I am an account manager for Lindsey + Asp (OU's student-run PR and ad agency) and I am also the treasurer for PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America). (Personal Photo: My sorority family) (Personal Photo: PRSSA executive leadership outside of Gaylord Hall) I enjoy lounging around with my dogs while watching Netflix in my free-time. My dog's names are Jasper and Snickers. Jasper is a miniature dashchund that loves to lay in anyone's lap and we don't really know what Snickers is because we rescued her

Comment Wall

The link to my portfolio website can be found here ! Enjoy! ( GIPHY )